These lightly sweet glazed carrots sparkle with the orange flavor and are perfect alone or with any meal. They contain healthy carbs, fiber, and protein along with other vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 pound(16oz.) baby carrots
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs sugar/honey/agave or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbs parsley
- 2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place carrots in a medium-sized saucepan, add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil until carrots are starting to soften. Drain water and return carrots back to the saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients to the carrots minus the thyme and parsley and simmer over medium heat. Cook uncovered 2-3 minutes or until carrots are coated with the glaze, stirring often. Sprinkle with parsley and thyme and add salt and pepper to taste and serve.