A Detox is a great way to cleanse the body and kickstart your journey toward better health!
The human body is designed to naturally heal itself and rid itself of harmful substances. Unfortunately, we’ve come a long way from the natural conditions in which the human body is designed to live. In the modern world, pollutants and toxins are a prevalent part of everyday life.
Your body is constantly being bombarded with “toxins” such as heavy metals, pesticides, pollutants, and chemical additives. They come from EVERYWHERE. The air, the water, the soil, the food that you eat, the products you put on your skin… Over time, these “toxins” can build up and contribute to health issues.
Sometimes it’s annoying little symptoms such as achy joints or muscles, brain fog, fatigue, headaches, allergies or gas, or more serious problems such as autoimmune diseases, migraines, asthma, acne, eczema, psoriasis, irritable bowel, reflux, arthritis or worse. A detox could be your solution to these and other problems.
Detoxification through a diet of whole, nutrient-rich, and unprocessed foods can provide you with a plethora of health benefits.
There is a wide range of benefits that come from removing the toxins from your body and making it cleaner and healthier. Let’s take a look at 10 of them.
- Cleans Out the Waste in your Digestive Tract. Over time waste builds up in your digestive tract, this waste has to be eliminated in order for digestion to function properly.
- You Feel Energetic. When you remove toxins you wake up feeling more vibrant, alive, and full of energy. Mental and physical energy is likely to improve after detoxing as your brain is better able to concentrate.
- Facilitate Weight Loss. Now, it will not only help you with getting to your ideal weight but, it will also help you with gaining healthy habits as well. This means that even when you are finished with the entire process, you’ll have good practices that could additionally assist you with managing and maintaining your weight.
- Boost your Immune System. Cleansing yourself will support your organs, which means that it can also boost your immune system. In return, it’ll do a better job of defending your body from bacteria and germs, which lowers the chances of you becoming sick. You’ll also be capable of absorbing vitamins and nutrients quickly.
- Reduce Cravings for sugar and simple carbohydrates. There is no denying that carbs and sugar are addictive and in a way, we all love to consume them. In fact, there were various studies that concluded that sugar is eight times more addictive than some drugs. There are negative consequences of consuming too many carbs and sweets, and it can cause headaches and the feeling of tiredness. Instead of craving unhealthy things, you’ll see that you start craving more veggies and fruits, and you might also feel bad when consuming carbs, sugar, as well as other things that could hurt your health.
- Improve Your Skin Health. The skin is the largest organ in the body and it takes a lot of abuse. You might be trying everything in your power to clear your skin from acne, and eczema, or psoriasis, however, if you are not consuming healthy food, you’ll most likely continue experiencing skin issues. And, cleansing can assist you with keeping your skin clear. Vitamins and minerals make your skin and hair look healthier.
- You eliminate Food Sensitivities. Eliminate foods that your body might be reacting to, causing inflammation and many other symptoms. The two most common and harmful food sensitivities are gluten and dairy. Many people do not realize that they have hidden food sensitivities.
- Reduce Premature Aging. Good healthy detoxification is known to slow the aging process by slowing the rate of cellular decay.
- Restores Your Body’s Balance. We all get too little sleep, too little exercise, too much bad food, too much stress, not enough time for ourselves. The best way to reset your life is with a detox. Simple, delicious foods. Self-nurturing practices: deep breathing, sleeping 7 to 8 hours a night, a little exercise, and self-love. All this works to get your body and mind working better!
- When your body is weighed down by toxins, it can’t function at an optimal level. A detox will quickly help you feel better and show you how health, energy, weight loss, and, yes, even happiness are available to you when you use food as medicine and make a few simple changes in your daily routine. Once you have experienced what it feels like to feel good, to get rid of brain fog, cravings, joint pain, fatigue, excess weight, and a myriad of other chronic health problems, will lead you on a path to health and happiness.