Pico De Gallo
- Diced Garden Tomatoes and Diced White Onion/Red onion or Onion Powder
- Leaves of 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2-3 minced jalapeño peppers (optional), Add diced mango, diced green/red/yellow peppers
- Juice of 2-3 fresh limes or lemons
- Sea salt & Pepper to Taste
- Gently, combine and it’s all ready!
Oatmeal Protein Bars
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ½ cup Protein Powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176celcius)
- Mix oats, protein powder, seeds, cranberries, dates, cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add mashed banana, water, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and coat well.
- Place mixture in a pan lined with parchment paper and pat down flat.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Cut into slices.
- As these bars have no preservative in them, they can sit out on the counter for a few days only. After about 5 days, it’s best to refrigerate.
Mixed Berries With Plain yogurt
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Snack
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Easy to make. A fun and healthy breakfast or dessert. Full of protein, fiber, and healthy carbs.
- 2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs Honey/Agave/Stevia/or Maple Syrup
- 2 cups Mixed Berries (Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbs Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt and honey/agave/stevia/ or maple syrup (choose only 1 sweetener) mix together.
- Spoon the sweetened yogurt into four glasses or small bowls, until each is half full, this will be about 4 tablespoons for each.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chopped nuts to the center of each (optional).
- Then fill the glasses or bowls with the rest of the yogurt (again about 4 tablespoons each) add t an equal amount of berries to each one.
- Chill if not serving immediately.
Orange Glazed Carrots
Recipe Type: Dinner, Snack
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
These lightly sweet glazed carrots sparkle with the orange flavor and are perfect alone or with any meal. They contain healthy carbs, fiber, and protein along with other vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 pound(16oz.) baby carrots
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs sugar/honey/agave or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbs parsley
- 2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place carrots in a medium-sized saucepan, add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil until carrots are starting to soften. Drain water and return carrots back to the saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients to the carrots minus the thyme and parsley and simmer over medium heat. Cook uncovered 2-3 minutes or until carrots are coated with the glaze, stirring often. Sprinkle with parsley and thyme and add salt and pepper to taste and serve.