This is a delicious meal all in one. What’s not to like about a breakfast that is full of protein, iron, and fiber.
- 1–2 tsp coconut, olive oil, or grapeseed oil
- diced onion
- 1 (9-ounce) bag of baby spinach, or 2 large bunches of fresh spinach
- pinch of sea salt
- garlic powder, pepper, parsley flakes, oregano leaves, or your favorite seasonings
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices of whole grain toast
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring until golden in color, about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add baby spinach, add seasonings and toss until wilted.
- Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. Add 1 tsp oil (fried egg) or 1 and 1/2 inches of water (poached egg) and heat over low heat.
- Crack 2 large eggs into pan and cook ( 1 egg at a time if necessary) until done.
- To serve, stack the cooked spinach on top of each piece of toast and add an egg.
- season with hot sauce (optional).