Sweet potato mash is a delightful side dish.
- 4 large sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, almond, or rice milk (more if needed)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (from an orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a large pot of water until they can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a fork.
- Stir in the butter, cinnamon, milk and fresh orange juice.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper and serve.
- The sweet potatoes may be steamed if you are short on time, but boiling them will create a smoother consistency. If you like them extra smooth you can add them to a blender or a food processor.
- Serving Size: 1 sweet potato
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 8.5 no added sugar
- Sodium: 335mg
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 3.7
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 4.3
- Protein: 2.3
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: Gluten free, vegetarian, healthy, Sweet Potatoes