Homemade guacamole is easy to make and so full of flavor. You’ll find yourself coming back to this recipe time and time again.
- 2 avocados
- Juice from 1/2 a lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup diced onion or onion powder
- 1/4 cup diced roma tomatoes, or any tomato you have on hand
- 1–2 cloves crushed garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro or ground cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Slice the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop the avocado out of the skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado against the sides of the bowl until its rich and creamy. You can make your avocado as smooth or chunky as you like.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together. Taste, adjust seasoning as needed.
- Be sure to look for avocados that are nice and ripe or leave them out on the counter or in the fridge for a few days to ripen. Once they are ripe they should be easier to mash with a fork.
- You can serve with toast, tacos, chili, or chips.
- Calories: 337 kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 18g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Gluten free, Nut free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Soy free