Oatmeal makes a warm, comforting and healthy breakfast. And the berries just top it off.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 and 1/3 cup water or milk (unsweetened almond, rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- hemp seeds
- mixed berries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- Combine oatmeal and water or milk in a small pot. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in cinnamon.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the oats are creamy and heated through.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas, hemp seeds, mixed berries and peanut butter.
- If you don’t like bananas, top with pears, apples or leave them out.
- You can add a few walnuts or pumpkin seeds.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Dairy free, Healthy, Gluten free, Vegetarian, Egg- Free